Marinated bean salad with chicory, feta, and mint
We partnered with Pineapple Collaborative to create our go-to summer salad. Our tender yet firm Flageolet beans and crunchy chicories are the perfect palette for the juicy and bright floral dressing, softened with sheep’s milk feta and mint. Share with friends and pair with your favorite rosé or natural wine.
- ¼ cup The Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup The Natural Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp ground sumac
- ½ tbsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ lb Flageolet beans, cooked according to our guide
- 1 small head of mild- to medium-bitter chicory, sliced into thin ribbons
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped, to taste
Make the dressing: Combine first 5 ingredients and whisk to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble: Place strained beans into a large bowl (allow to cool if freshly cooked). Add dressing, stir to coat, and allow to sit for a bit before adding remaining ingredients. Stir in chicory and feta and season to taste, drizzling with more olive oil if desired. Add chopped mint just before serving. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.